The 25-year hospitality veteran will lead MCR’s revenue and sales team. “Sam brings a wealth of experience in revenue and distribution management, e-commerce, strategic partnerships and sales leadership,” says Tyler Morse, Chairman and CEO of MCR. “He is uniquely positioned to drive revenue-focused initiatives and top-line growth at MCR.”
Maximizing revenue for a portfolio of branded and independent hotels in various U.S. markets has been a hallmark of Sam’s career. Along the way, he has developed an entrepreneurial mindset for building teams, improving operational efficiency, and streamlining processes and systems.
Most recently, Sam served as the Chief Revenue Officer for Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM). He was also the Head of Revenue & VP Asset Management at the Global Hospitality Investment Group (GHIG) and the EVP, Revenue Strategies, for TPG Hotels & Resorts. Previously, he was the VP, Revenue & Distribution, for Highgate Hotels. He began his hospitality career at the Indian Hotels Company Ltd. and its subsidiary, the Taj Group of Hotels in India, where he pioneered the discipline of revenue management across 65 luxury properties.
“As I spearhead revenue generation streams, I am confident of my ability to build a strong integrated revenue and sales team and add value to MCR’s distinguished portfolio of branded and independent assets,” says Mehra. “Together we will create momentum for further growth at MCR.”
Sam earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of Delhi, an MBA in Marketing and Finance from the Goa Institute of Management, and a certificate of leadership from the Wharton Executive Education program.
- 3rd-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States
- $5.0 billion portfolio of 150 premium-branded hotels
- MCR operates 9 Marriott brands, 8 Hilton brands and a number of unflagged independent hotels
- Over 25,000 guestrooms across 37 states and 106 cities
- Founded in 2006
- Offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago and Richmond, Virginia
- 7,000 team members across the country
- Three-time recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners
- Recipient of the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer
- For the TWA Hotel at New York’s JFK Airport, MCR won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), the Urban Land Institute New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award and the American Institute of Architects national Architecture Award, the highest honor given by the AIA
- Named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Travel Companies
- For more information, please visit mcrhotels.com