Oxland Group, a Texas-based residential development company, presented plans for its recently acquired 1,860-acre development to more than 30 residential home builders yesterday in Houston. Located north of FM 1488, between I-45 and the new Aggie Expressway (Texas Hwy 249), the new master-planned community of Two Step Farm will be anchored by the Texana ethos of kindness and hospitality expressed through music, farming, and nature.
“In a community named Two Step Farm, music is clearly at its heart,” says Tom Woliver, co-president of Oxland Group. “Our team has created communities all across the country and we’ve seen the power of music to bring people together. That, and the natural beauty of the land, drove our vision to express the true Texas spirit at Two Step.”
Bordered by Cooks Branch Conservancy, Two Step Farm will embrace nature and farming. This will start with preserving much of the existing trees and restoring forest areas by removing invasive plants through natural remedies including goatscaping. “We are surrounded by big nature, and we embrace and celebrate that heritage. If we are planting trees instead of preserving, then we’re not doing our jobs,” says Woliver.
Phase One Development Highlights:
- The Homestead is the heart of the community and phase one of the project – representing a contemporary take on a rural town feel with music venues, a goat farm, and nature.
- The General Store at The Homestead is the hub of activity offering specialty food and beverages and serving as the Visitor Center.
- The Goat Farm brings in an actual working farmstead, home to a herd of goats responsible for clearing invasive species and noxious weeds to restore indigenous plants and grasses to create a healthier more vibrant ecosystem.
- The Dance Hall and other intentional places where people can hang out and engage.
- The Model Home Village, fronting the Visitor Center, showcases the diversity of housing options and is a convenient one-stop-shop for home buyers.
- Two Step Greenbelt will be the main trail through the community for walkers, runners, bikers, and more.
- Pool House at The Homestead is a community pool tucked into the neighborhood, easily accessible for residents.
Phase one, The Homestead, will deliver 1,100 lots ranging from 35’ wide up to 80’ wide with eight distinct lot sizes for sale, as well as single-family detached homes for lease. Future housing options include townhomes and an active adult enclave. Distinct home designs will reflect the architectural styles of Texana Farmhouse, Contemporary European, Acadian, Craftsman, and Texas Modern.
Plans for future amenities include The Great Hall for larger events, an amphitheater, a splash pad on the town green, and mixed-use retail. Oxland is evaluating opportunities to create a unique, community-centric golf experience with the golf course that currently exists on the property.
Oxland will be building Two Step Boulevard, a mile-and-a-half-long roadway into the community from Fish Creek Thoroughfare. The developer is expecting to break ground on the new road and community in 2024. Phase one builders’ model homes are anticipated to open in early 2025 with a grand opening planned for late 2025. More details will be revealed on www.TwoStepFarm.com.
Oxland Group closed on the land deal with Los Angeles- and Dallas-based Regent Properties on July 19, 2023.
About Oxland Group
Oxland Group is a full-service capital investment and real estate development company with principal-level expertise in land acquisition, entitlements, development, land transaction, and value creation. RCLCO’s Mid-Year 2023 nationwide list of 50 top-selling communities included Oxland Group’s Painted Tree community in McKinney, Texas. The company is funded by JEN Partners, LLC, a New York-based private equity firm whose primary investment platform is residential real estate. Learn more at www.oxlandgroup.com.