Amboy Street Ventures, a Los Angeles, CA-based venture capital firm focused on women’s health and sexual health for all genders, closed its debut $20m fund.
Amboy Street is backed by predominantly female Limited Partners who are driving the world’s leading financial institutions: 10+ Partners and Directors from Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, and Bank of America; Founders of prominent funds including Summit Partners and First Round Capital; Senior Executives at top Hedge Funds and Private Equity funds including Fortress Investment Group and Citadel; Successful Founders; and Planned Parenthood Executives.
With this fund, Amboy Street will invest in the Seed and Series A stages of women’s health and sexual health startups to both lift associated stigmas and usher forward a new world of inclusive health and wellbeing.
Founded by investor and former engineer Carli Sapir and supported by General Partners Dominique Karetsos and Dr. Maria Godoy, leaders in the women’s and sexual health industry, Amboy Street has already invested in eight startups and realized its first exit as Gennev (a telehealth and product line for menopausal women) was acquired by Unified Women’s Healthcare. Other startups in the portfolio that are pushing the industry forward include:
- Evvy – vaginal microbiome testing and care
- Hey Jane – telehealth abortion access
- Contraline – male birth control
- Dame Products – female-focused sexual pleasure products
- HerMD – telehealth and brick-and-mortar menopause and sexual health services
- Aunt Flow – free menstrual products for more than 19,000 bathrooms nationwide
- Dipsea – audio erotica subscription app