NAIOP South Florida, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, has announced the Awards of Excellence finalists for 2023 and plans to celebrate the winners on Thursday, March 30 during the 46th Awards of Excellence reception and dinner at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way.
The annual celebration, which acknowledges excellence throughout the South Florida commercial real estate (CRE) industry, will be from 5:00 to 10 p.m.
“The NAIOP South Florida Awards of Excellence event is an opportunity to celebrate the extraordinary and our sensational Cirque du Soleil theme will convey the magic behind the incredible work of our members, nominees, finalists and winners,” said NAIOP South Florida Executive Director Jules R. Morgan. “We look forward to highlighting the remarkable commercial real estate individuals who have achieved success with both purpose and passion.”
Malcom Butters, president, and co-founder of Butters Construction & Development will receive the 2023 Lifetime Achievement Award. A 32-year commercial real estate development veteran, Butters is regarded as one of the most active and innovative developers in the state and a pioneer in elevating the architectural standards for commercial buildings.
His real estate firm, Butters Construction & Development, is actively engaged in the construction, development, investment, property management and leasing of industrial, office, and retail properties, and is currently ranked number one on the South Florida Business Journal’s annual list of the region’s commercial real estate developers.
Over the course of his career, Butters has built more than 22 million sq. ft., including First Park Miami, a 2.5 million-sq.-ft. industrial development underway in Miami, and Miami Midway Park, a 50-acre warehouse and apartment unit project. Other development highlights include the 600,000-sq.-ft. office and retail Boca Village Corporate Center, Hillsboro Technology Park and Marriott Residence Inn Coconut Creek, among many others.
Butters has won Developer of the Year six times from NAIOP South Florida and was included in Florida Trend’s Florida 500 Most Influential Business Leaders of 2022. He has also been inducted into Florida International University’s Hall of Fame, recognized as an alumnus who has attained entrepreneurial distinction. Butters also sits on the Miami Herbert Business School’s Real Estate Advisory Council, the Urban Land Institute Advisory Council and has founded the Florida International University Hollo School of Real Estate “Malcolm & Catherine Butters Real Estate Scholarship” award.
“As a participant in the award nomination review, I was incredibly impressed with all that was accomplished this year in commercial real estate,” noted Stephanie Rodriguez, Awards of Excellence chair and national director of industrial services at Colliers. “ I look forward to celebrating the culmination of another amazing year in business, the winners and our Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, Malcom Butters, during NAIOP’s most talked about night of the year.”
The 2023 Awards of Excellence categories and finalists are:
- Biscayne 21 Bulk Condo Sale, Avison Young
- Southland Mall, Macy’s & Sears Sale, Avison Young
- Calder Racetrack, CBRE
- Dolphin Commerce Center, CBRE
- Industrial Service Facility (ISF) Mega site sale, CBRE
- Las Olas Square, CBRE
- Miami Tower, Cushman & Wakefield
- 1221 Brickell, JLL
- Boca Center, CBRE
- 501 E Las Olas, Cushman & Wakefield
- Modera Biscayne Bay (now Watermarc at Biscayne Bay), Walker & Dunlop
SALE OF THE YEAR:
- Industrial Service Facility (ISF), CBRE
- Metro Miami Office Portfolio, Cushman & Wakefield
- Kaufman Lynn Construction HQ, Marcus & Millichap
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR:
- Mateo Coman, CBRE
- Zachary Levine, Marcus & Millichap
- ERG lease at Quattro Miami East, Avison Young
- Kirkland Ellis, Cushman & Wakefield
- First Republic Bank, TCRE
- Freezpak Industrial Lease at Bridge Point Cold Logistics, Cushman & Wakefield of Florida, and Bridge Industrial
- FedEx, Colliers International
- Prologis I-595 Distribution Center, JLL
- CBRE: Miami-Dade Industrial team: Albert, White, & Fernandez
- CBRE: South Florida’s Largest Multi-Market Industrial Advisory and Transaction Team, O’Loughlin, Genet, Dinner & Oretsky
- Cushman & Wakefield: South Florida Industrial Team, Metzger, Etner, Thomson & McAllister
Team Broker Office:
- Avison Young: Martin, Cope & Blumer
- Cushman & Wakefield: Gale, Trench, Holtzman, Weeks, Mendoza, Quinon, Gamarra
- TCRE: Blunk, Oswald, Glaria & Mischel
Team Broker Investment Sales:
- Avison Young – Florida Capital Markets Team: Fay, Crotty, Duckworth, de la Fe
- CBRE- Industrial Capital Markets Team: Lobon, Barry, Fallon, Riley
- Cushman & Wakefield – SF Office and Industrial Investment Sales: O’Donnell, Montazemi, Hochman, Alcivar, Granite, Miller
- Colliers: Rubin, Laggerbauer, Blyden, Mosier
- Gordon Messinger, CBRE
- Jordan Beck, Berger Commercial Realty
- Doug Mandel, Marcus & Millichap
- Boca Ice & Fine Arts Center, Butters Construction & Development
- Contender Boats, Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County
- South Florida Manufacturing Facility, Finfrock
- Special recognition Business Development Board of Palm Beach County for Wall Street of the South
PROJECT OF THE YEAR:
- First Park Miami, Butters Construction & Development and First Industrial Realty Trust
- Ironwood Commerce Center, Link Logistics Real Estate
- Prologis Palmer Lakes, Prologis
Multi-Use, Multifamily, Retail, Office:
- Doral Center/office, CBRE
- Hudson Village, Housing Trust Group
- Ceru Boca Raton, Mainstreet and NCC Development
- The Stables of Village of Golf-Stiles
- Chamberlain University-Excel Construction
DEVELOPER OF THE YEAR:
- Bridge Industrial
- Butters Construction & Development, Inc.
- Link Logistics
Lifetime Achievement Award
Malcolm Butters, Butters Construction & Development, Inc.
Tickets for the Awards of Excellence are $225 for NAIOP members and $250 for non-members. Sponsorship opportunities are also available. To attend, visit naiopsfl.org/events. For more information, visit naiopsfl.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-990-5116.
CALENDAR BRIEF: NAIOP South Florida’s Awards of Excellence
NAIOP South Florida, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, presents the 2023 Awards of Excellence on Thursday, March 30 from 5:00 to 10 p.m. at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way. The Awards of Excellence recognize industry professionals and organizations who exemplify excellence and have helped fuel business and economic growth in South Florida. Following a networking and cocktail reception featuring drinks and hors d’oeuvres, the Awards of Excellence winners will be announced during the ceremony and dinner. Tickets are $225 for NAIOP members and $250 for non-members. Sponsorship opportunities are also available. To attend, visit naiopsfl.org/events. For more information, visit naiopsfl.org, email email@example.com or call 954-990-5116.
About NAIOP South Florida:
NAIOP South Florida is the largest chapter of NAIOP in the state. With more than 350 members representing constituents in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie counties, the chapter is the leading commercial real estate development organization in the region. NAIOP supports commercial real estate professionals with advocacy, education and business opportunities and connects its members through a powerful North American network. For more information, visit naiopsfl.org.
NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, is the leading organization for developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial, retail and mixed-use real estate. NAIOP comprises 20,000 plus members in North America. NAIOP advances responsible commercial real estate development and advocates for effective public policy. For more information, visit naiop.org.