SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Today, Elo – the Smart Nutrition company – is excited to announce a $10M Series A round led by Octopus Ventures, one of the most active VC firms in Europe. Will Ventures and Re:food.vc also contributed to the round. Elo will use the funds to grow their product development and marketing teams and scale up the Smart Supplement and Protein products.
Underpinned by a firm foundation of science, Elo’s patent-pending recommendation engine utilizes activity data from wearables, health history, and personal goals, to create a personalized protein blend for each member. Available in chocolate, vanilla, and plain flavor, Elo’s non-GMO Smart Protein blends are built on a base of grass-fed whey protein or pea protein isolate (vegan) and contain other functional ingredients such as super greens, turmeric, and collagen, depending on your unique nutrition profile and recovery goals.
Elo Smart Protein is the first protein product to provide post-workout protein dosing recommendations based on the intensity and duration of each activity recorded in Apple Health. By linking Apple Health workout data to the Elo app, Elo members can receive custom protein dosing recommendations based on the intensity and duration of every workout.
Elo’s Smart Protein Powder is the second product launched by the Smart Nutrition brand. Smart Protein membership includes personalized protein delivered monthly and unlimited messages with a dedicated registered dietitian via the Elo app.
Elo unveiled its first product – a monthly Smart Supplement membership that includes at-home biomarker testing, nutrition coaching, and custom supplement packs delivered monthly – in 2022. For more information, please visit www.elo.health.
- Elo is the first company to offer wearable-powered protein powder.
- Each Smart Protein blend is custom-made for every Elo member and offers a combination of highly bioavailable protein and functional ingredients based on wearable data, healthy history, and personal goals.
- Leveraging the power of wearable technology, Elo Smart Protein is the first protein product to provide protein dosing recommendations based on the intensity and duration of each workout.
Elo is the Smart Nutrition company turning food from the cause of disease to medicine by leveraging data from wearables, biomarker testing, and health questionnaires. Elo’s mission capitalizes on the growing consumer appetite for nutrition-focused health solutions backed by science. The company was founded in 2020 by three serial entrepreneurs:
- Ari Tulla (Nokia, BetterDoctor, Quest Analytics)
- Tapio Tolvanen (Nokia, BetterDoctor, Quest Analytics)
- Miklu Silvanto (Apple, Airbnb, B&O)
About Octopus Ventures
Octopus Ventures is one of Europe’s largest Venture Capital teams. Headquartered in London and New York, with Venture Partners in San Francisco, Singapore, and China, they help entrepreneurs scale globally.