With the hectic holiday season fast approaching while Americans are still dealing with high inflation, I wanted to drop you a quick note to make sure you didn’t miss any of WalletHub’s recent holiday studies and reports, highlights of which you can find below.
- JCPenney, Belk and Macy’s are 2022’s Best Places to Shop on Black Friday, offering an average discount of at least 53%.
- Around 13% of items at major retailers will be more expensive on Black Friday than their current Amazon.com prices.
- Consumer packaged goods will offer the most value on Black Friday 2022 relative to their current prices, while computers and phones are expected to have the least rewarding deals.
- 50% of people say Santa will be less generous this year due to inflation, according to WalletHub’s 2021 Holiday Shopping Survey.
- Amazon, Walmart and Target top the list of 2022’s Best Gift Cards.
- Consumers can save $300+ with one of 2022’s Best Credit Cards for Holiday Shopping.
- Some consumers already have access to little-known credit card benefits that can come in handy over the holidays, including price-drop protection and coverage for damaged or stolen items.
- 100% of store credit cards do not charge an annual fee, and the average card offering rewards in the form of discounts gives you 17%.5 off your first purchase, according to WalletHub’s 2022 Store Card Landscape Report.
- 40% of the major retailers offering 0% financing use a dangerous feature called deferred interest, which has the potential to make holiday purchases up to 27.5 times more expensive than expected.