WALTHAM, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Deciphera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:DCPH), a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing important new medicines to improve the lives of people with cancer, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022, and provided a corporate update.
“We delivered strong commercial performance in the second quarter with QINLOCK®, and we advanced our portfolio of product candidates with best-in-class potential,” said Steve Hoerter, President and Chief Executive Officer of Deciphera Pharmaceuticals. “Germany recently awarded a ‘major additional benefit’ rating for QINLOCK in its indication in advanced GIST, which is the first time an orphan oncology treatment has received this rating for its lead indication since the introduction of the German benefit assessment of medicinal products over 10 years ago. This, along with a strong commercial launch in Germany and a successful post-approval paid access program in France, demonstrate the potential for QINLOCK to transform how GIST is treated around the world.”
Mr. Hoerter continued, “We are also excited that the initial data from the Phase 1 study of DCC-3116, our potential first-in-class autophagy inhibitor, has been selected for an oral presentation at ESMO next month. Additionally, enrollment in the pivotal Phase 3 MOTION study of vimseltinib for the treatment of TGCT is on track and updated results from the Phase 1/2 study will be presented at ESMO next month, and finally, we expect to nominate the development candidate from our pan-RAF research program by the fourth quarter.”
Second Quarter 2022 Highlights and Upcoming Milestones
- Recorded $31.5 million in QINLOCK net product revenue in the second quarter of 2022, including $23.7 million in U.S. net product revenue and $7.8 million in international net product revenue, an increase of 43% from net product revenue of $22.0 million in the second quarter of 2021.
- Received a “major additional benefit” rating from Germany’s Federal Joint Committee (G-BA). QINLOCK is the first orphan oncology treatment in Germany to receive this rating for its lead indication and the only GIST treatment awarded with this recognition.
- Continued patient enrollment in the pivotal Phase 3 MOTION study of vimseltinib for the treatment of TGCT. MOTION is a two-part, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of vimseltinib to assess the efficacy and safety in patients with TGCT who are not amenable to surgery. The primary endpoint of the study is objective response rate at week 25 as measured by RECIST v1.1 by blinded independent radiologic review.
- Expects to present updated results from the ongoing Phase 1/2 study in TGCT patients in a poster presentation at the ESMO Congress 2022 in September.
- Expects to present data in an oral presentation as a Proffered Paper at the ESMO Congress 2022 from the single agent dose escalation portion of the Phase 1 study of DCC-3116 in patients with advanced or metastatic tumors with a mutant RAS or RAF gene.
- Expects to initiate three Phase 1b study combination dose escalation cohorts in the second half of 2022:
- In combination with trametinib, a Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved MEK inhibitor, in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumors with RAS, NF1, or RAF mutations.
- In combination with binimetinib, an FDA-approved MEK inhibitor, in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumors with RAS, NF1, or RAF mutations.
- In combination with sotorasib, an FDA- approved KRASG12C inhibitor, in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumors with KRASG12C mutations.
Proprietary Drug Discovery Platform
- Expects to nominate a development candidate by the fourth quarter of 2022 from the pan-RAF research program discovered using the Company’s novel switch-control kinase inhibitor platform.
- Appointed Kelley Dealhoy as Senior Vice President and Chief Business Officer to develop and lead the Company’s business development efforts and corporate strategy initiatives. Ms. Dealhoy brings 20 years of life science leadership experience to the role and joined Deciphera from Novartis, where she most recently served as Vice President of Business Development for the Oncology Division.
- Published the 2021 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report, highlighting our current practices and initiatives in several important ESG-related areas as of the 2021 fiscal year.
Second Quarter 2022 Financial Results
- Revenue: Total revenue for the second quarter of 2022 was $32.5 million, which includes $31.5 million of net product revenue of QINLOCK and $1.0 million of collaboration revenue compared to $23.6 million of total revenue, including $22.0 million of net product revenue of QINLOCK and $1.5 million of collaboration revenue, for the same period in 2021.
- Cost of Sales: Cost of sales were $1.8 million in the second quarter of 2022 compared to $1.3 million in the same period in 2021. Cost of sales for newly launched products will not include the full cost of manufacturing until the initial pre-launch inventory is depleted, and additional inventory is manufactured and sold. The Company expects to continue to sell zero cost inventories of QINLOCK in the U.S. through 2022.
- R&D Expenses: Research and development expenses for the second quarter of 2022 were $44.9 million, compared to $60.0 million for the same period in 2021. The decrease was primarily due to lower clinical trial costs related to QINLOCK, including INTRIGUE, our Phase 3 study for the treatment of second-line GIST for which top-line results were announced in November 2021, and the discontinuation of our rebastinib program following the corporate restructuring implemented in the fourth quarter of 2021, partially offset by an increase in clinical trial costs related to our Phase 1 study of DCC-3116 and preclinical costs. Non-cash, stock-based compensation was $5.4 million and $5.6 million for the second quarters of 2022 and 2021, respectively.
- SG&A Expenses: Selling, general, and administrative expenses for the first quarter of 2022 were $29.6 million, compared to $32.8 million for the same period in 2021. The decrease was primarily due to a decrease in professional and consultant fees. Non-cash, stock-based compensation was $7.6 million and $6.8 million for the second quarters of 2022 and 2021, respectively.
- Net Loss: For the second quarter of 2022, Deciphera reported a net loss of $43.1 million, or $0.60 per share, compared with a net loss of $70.4 million, or $1.21 per share, for the same period in 2021.
- Cash Position: As of June 30, 2022, cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities were $393.1 million, compared to $275.4 million as of March 31, 2022. In April 2022, the Company completed an underwritten public offering that resulted in aggregate net proceeds of $163.4 million. Based on its current operating plans, Deciphera expects its current cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities together with anticipated product, royalty, and supply revenues, but excluding any potential future milestone payments under its collaboration or license agreements, will enable the Company to fund its operating and capital expenditures into 2025.
About Deciphera Pharmaceuticals
Deciphera is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing important new medicines to improve the lives of people with cancer. We are leveraging our proprietary switch-control kinase inhibitor platform and deep expertise in kinase biology to develop a broad portfolio of innovative medicines. In addition to advancing multiple product candidates from our platform in clinical studies, QINLOCK® is Deciphera’s switch control inhibitor for the treatment of fourth-line GIST. QINLOCK is approved in Australia, Canada, China, the European Union, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. For more information, visit www.deciphera.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter (@Deciphera).