With California’s economy being larger than the individual economies of all but four countries (including the U.S.), the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2022’s Best & Worst State Economies, as well as accompanying videos and expert commentary.
In order to determine America’s top economic performers, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 28 key indicators of economic performance and strength. The data set ranges from change in GDP to startup activity to the share of jobs in high-tech industries.
Economic Performance of Florida (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 6th – Change in GDP
- 38th – Exports per Capita
- 1st – Startup Activity
- 32nd – % of Jobs in High-Tech Industries
- 35th – Annual Median Household Income
- 6th – Change in Nonfarm Payrolls
- 35th – Government Surplus/Deficit per Capita
- 11th – Unemployment Rate