The Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS® has announced its 2022 GCAAR Board of Directors, elected through an annual vote by its membership.
- President: Harrison Beacher, Keller Williams Capital Properties
- President-elect: Avram (Avi) Adler, Long & Foster Real Estate Inc.
- Secretary: Christopher Suranna, RLAH Real Estate
- Treasurer: Samantha Damato, Long & Foster Real Estate Inc.
- Immediate Past President: Jan Brito, Compass
- M. Jacqueline Bennett, RE/MAX Excellence Realty
- Molly Branson, RLAH Real Estate
- Russell Brazil, RLAH Real Estate
- Mark Butterfield, RE/MAX Realty Services
- Jordan Chronopoulos, RLAH Real Estate
- Marilyn Emery, RLAH Real Estate
- Carlos Evans, Compass
- James T. Kim, McEnearney Associates Inc.
- Samuel Medvene, Century 21 Redwood Realty
- Craig Rosenfeld, RE/MAX Realty Group
- Daniel Schuler, Compass
- Richard “Dick” Stoner, Reist Corporation
“Our board members make invaluable contributions to our industry and our community and I look forward to working with them to advance our mission,” said GCAAR CEO Edward R. Krauze. “We are also very appreciative of Jan Brito’s leadership and the work of our 2021 Board of Directors and thank them for their steadfast service to our association.”
“As I begin my tenure as GCAAR president, my challenge to our membership is to ‘level up’ and do better, all around. My goal is to encourage us to focus on the experience that we collectively create as an association, for our fellow REALTOR® members; for our clients; and as individuals, for our community,” said incoming GCAAR President Harrison Beacher during the GCAAR induction ceremony.
“As GCAAR members and as REALTORS®, we’re called to give everyone a shot, try a little harder, to accept people for who they are – and to level the playing field for everyone who wants to participate in this housing market.”
The new board members began their terms with GCAAR effective January 1, 2022.
The Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS®, one of the largest local REALTOR® associations in the U.S., is the voice for REALTORS® in Washington, D.C. and Montgomery County, Maryland. Representing more than 11,000 real estate professionals in the greater capital area, GCAAR provides services vital to its members’ daily business needs and works with lawmakers to ensure public policy that encourages homeownership and supports the real estate industry. For more information, visit www.GCAAR.com.