Architecture, planning, and interior design firm ARC recently earned a series of national and regional award honors, including a 2021 AIA New England Design Award for the middle school expansion and adaptive reuse project completed for Greenwich Country Day School (GCDS).Previous awards for the middle school project include an IIDA New England Design Award and a national ‘Best of the Best’ first-place award in K-12 Education from ENR Magazine.
Other ARC designs earning recognition in this year’s award programs include:
- Bentley University’s LEED Platinum Multipurpose Arena won a 2021 AIA Boston Society of Architects Higher Education Facilities Design Award. Previous recognition includes the Massachusetts Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council’s Eversource Energy Optimization Award, a Build Massachusetts Award from the AGC of Massachusetts, and an ENR New England Best Project Award in Sports/Entertainment.
- The S. Chen Health and Wellness Center at Deerfield Academy in Deerfield, MA earned a 2020 AIABoston Society of Architects Healthcare Facilities Design Award.
- The PJM STEM Center at Eagle Hill School earned a 2021 American Architecture Award from the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design. The STEM Center previously earned a K-12 Education Design Award from the AIA Boston Society of Architects.
- The Walter C. Johnson Center for Health and Wellness at Hackley School in Tarrytown, NY, was honored with a 2021 Facilities of Merit Award by Athletic Business, an award honoring a select group of North American fitness, wellness and athletic projects across North America. The Center previously earned an ENR New York Best Project Award.
- Phillips Exeter Academy’s William Boyce Thompson Field House received a2021 Excellence in Architectural DesignAward by AIA New Hampshire. Previous honors include the Building of the Year Award from the U.S. Green Building Council of New Hampshire and a Merit Award from the U.S. Green Building Council of Connecticut.
“We celebrate the recognition of our design work and these awards from a wide-range of professional associations, publications, and sustainability champions,” said ARC President Philip Laird, FAIA, LEED AP. “It truly is a thrill when an awards jury recognizes how ARC’s designs provide opportunities for people to discover, learn and grow.”
For more on ARC’s work, people, and insights, visit the firm’s newly launched website at arcusa.com